Agendas & Minutes, 2021

Thursday 23rd September, 2021

Committee Meeting Minutes

Held at The Boringdon Arms, Turnchapel, Plymouth @19:30

Participants:
Pip Shell:
Commodore
Margaret Eves: Vice Commodore
Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail
Hilary Poyntz: Honorary Secretary
Mike Poyntz: Honorary Treasurer
Paul Evans: Membership Secretary
Lynne Shell: Social Secretary
Andrew Pascoe: Webmaster
David Evans: Committee Member
Sandra Lerpiniere: Committee Member

Item 1: Apologies for absence
Kevin & Bev Whitmill and Graham Norris. 

The Commodore opened the meeting by welcoming everyone.

Item 2: Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held online on 22nd April 2021
The Minutes of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee Meeting held on 22nd April were accepted as a true record.

It was proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by David Evans that the minutes should be accepted as a true record. The Committee members were all in agreement.

Item 3: Matters arising from the Previous Minutes
3.1
Alan to include the notification of an optional B-B-Q on Mountbatten Beach the evening before the departure of cruises 1-3 within the cruise instructions.
Completed – Item closed.

3.2 “Prize Giving Evening” – see specific agenda item. 

Item 4: Rear Commodore Sail’s Report
The Covid restrictions in place at the start of 2021 forced the cancellation of our original Cruising programme in the early part of the year.

By mid-May with restrictions easing, a revised Programme of 7 Cruises was drawn up with a start date of 22 May.

Cruise No.1 and 6 cancelled due to poor weather forecast, the remaining 5 went ahead in some form, with a total of 73 entries for all 7 cruises.

The pre-cruise B.B.Q prior to Cruise 2 was well supported, but for subsequent cruises were thinly attended.

The new format of holding a pontoon party appeared popular and well attended: and could be continued with a suggestion of a musical element by any members with an instrument etc.

Apart from the organised Club events many members cruised far and wide taking part in the Fowey FOGOF, plus visits to the Isles of Scilly and the Channel Islands.

I would like to thank the Committee and members for their continued support with the running of the cruises.

Pip thanked Alan for his report.

Item 5: Honorary Treasurer’s Report
Mike presented a resume of the Treasurer’s report circulated to committee members in advance. The decisions of Committee ratified at the meeting 25.03.21 to reduce renewing membership fees to £10.00 for the 2021-2022 season results in a shortfall of funds of approximately £400 in the current year. Combined with a £203 invoice for new burgees and a further £68 for a presentation trophy the projected overall shortfall of circa £670 is predicted although future sale of burgees will reduce the expenditure item over time.

Current amount at bank is £3,118.66 with no debits outstanding to pay.

Pip proposed accepting the minutes and Paul Evans seconded them.

Pip thanked Mike for his report

Item 6: Membership Secretary’s Report
Paul reported that there were no new members this year. One burgee @ £15.00 had been sold.  Currently, there are 76 members including 6 life members.      

Pip thanked Paul for his report.              

Item 7: Social Secretary’s Report
Lynne reported that the prizegiving evening is booked for Saturday 23rd October at ‘The Bridge’ and we have exclusive use of the downstairs area. This is dependant on 30 attendees and to date she has received 14 responses. A reminder nearer October’s deadline date (04/10) will be issued and hopefully the minimum numbers will be met.

A table plan will be organised nearer the time when numbers are known, but we can have up to 4 X 10 seat tables.

Prizes are being sought for the RNLI raffle. Businesses being approached are:-  Vanity Fayre, Plymouth Gin, Mount Batten Boat House, Force 4, Ullman Sails and The Bridge. Attendees are also requested to bring any prizes they wish to donate to the raffle.

Pip reported that the prize trophies had previously been engraved by a business in Exmouth organised by Colin. As an alternative, ‘The Market’ engravers in Plymouth have quoted between £10.00 and £12.00 per item which is the average price, and Pip will organise the engraving after the presentation evening. The estimate is about £60.00-£80.00.

Mike Poyntz volunteered to take photographs of the presentations for the Club website.

Pip stated the theme of this years’ photography competition is “The Golden Hour” e.g. one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset. Only one submission is permitted per member to be sent to Pip by 30th September.  Also Pip requested that cruise reports and logs for the ‘Ports and Anchorages’ trophy are submitted by same date.

Venues for a Christmas social event were suggested by Lynne and details of various venues were circulated to the committee. A January 2022 option was the strong preference which Lynne will investigate and report back.

Action: Lynne to report in due course options for Christmas social.

Pip thanked Lynne for her report

Item 8: Webmaster’s Report
Andrew requested that when cruise reports were sent that the photos should be sent separately to enable more clarity than can be produced on PDF formats. As yet Sandra’s report has been the only one submitted. It was generally acknowledged as being very amusing.

The web domain name registration, hosted by David Hallet’s company has not been invoiced to us for several years. Further details will be passed on to the committee as and when they are made apparent.

Pip thanked Andrew for his report.

Item 9: Update of Future Events
The AGM date was discussed and agreed a suitable date would be Saturday 26th March, 2022 @ 7.30.

Action Lynne to book the Plym Yacht Club for the AGM

The Treasurer’s Report is to be submitted for auditing by the end of February. Colin Ayres has volunteered to undertake accounts auditing duties.

Alan will be starting his “Winter Walks” season soon. Paul volunteered to assist with ideas for routes and venues for lunch.

Action Alan to issue details of winter walks in due course.

Date of next Committee Meeting – Thursday 13th January 2022.

Item 10: Any Other Business
10.1
Alan reported that the Club has a group MMSI number for use allocated by Ofcom which if programmed by members into their DSC VHF enables calling all members simultaneously. After discussion it was agreed that as MMSI calling is rarely used, and What’s App is available in our cruising area together with ‘Channel 77’, we do not need the complication of MMSI and Alan will revoke the number with Ofcom.

Action – Alan to notify Ofcom the MMSI number can be cancelled.

10.2 Pip reported that the Club currently has two Facebook sites – a ‘public site and a closed ‘group’ page. Committee decided that we should maintain one site only and as Pip has Admin control over the “Group” page this will continue.

Action Pip to terminate the public Facebook page.

10.3 Hilary said that the RYA had sent a document entitled “Safe Guarding Training for Committees, Boards and Senior Managers”. As the club does not undertake training duties or likely to be supervising vulnerable adults, it was regarded as “not applicable”. Also, on the issue of training, she mentioned that Mike and her had been to the Southampton Boat Show and seen a demonstration of recovering a person after falling over board. The details can be found on the Duncan Wells YouTube site www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpsHtISjvA

  • Re CCC logos on clothing, Margaret stated that the original manufacturer who supplied clothing in the past was no longer trading. A factory at Southway could put the logo onto clothing items at £4.98 per garment and Margaret would investigate further.
  • Email addresses were accidently sent out in error in a recent group email and caution was recommended in future postings with the recommendation being to send members emails as BCC.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 20.28 pm.

Hilary Poyntz
Honorary Secretary
Cattewater Cruising Club

Committee Meeting Minutes

22nd April, 2021

Held on line

Participants
Pip Shell: Commodore
Margaret Eves: Vice Commodore
Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail
Hilary Poyntz: Honorary Secretary
Mike Poyntz: Honorary Treasurer
Paul Evans: Membership Secretary
Lynne Shell: Social Secretary
Andrew Pascoe: Webmaster
David Evans: Committee Member
Graham Norris: Committee Member
Kevin Whitmill: Committee Member
Bev Whitmill: Committee Member

Item 1: Apologies for absence: Sandra Lerpiniere.

The Commodore opened the online meeting by welcoming everyone

Item 2: Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held online on 25th March 2021
The Minutes of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee Meeting held on 25th March were accepted as a true record.

It was proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by Graham Norris that the minutes should be accepted as a true record. The Committee members were all in agreement.

Item 3: Matters arising from the Previous Minutes.

31. Honorary Treasurer to pay the Club insurance premium to Gallagher’s when due (renewal date 29th March 2021)
Mike confirmed this had been done.
Item closed

3.2 Honorary Treasurer to arrange online access to the Club’s current account for Paul Evans (Membership Secretary)
Mike confirmed that the forms had all been completed and Lloyds Bank are in process of providing Paul with the necessary permissions to view the Club accounts.
Item closed

3.3 Pip to express the Club’s gratitude to David Hallett for hosting the website and dealing with queries
Pip confirmed this had been completed.
Item closed

3.4 Hilary to inform the RYA of her address for correspondence purposes
Hilary confirmed this has been completed.
Item closed

3.5 Pip to check the supply of burgees and order as necessary
Pip confirmed this has been done and a supply of new burgees ordered.
Item closed

Item 4: Rear Commodore Sail’s Report
Alan reported that cruises 1-3 have been booked but he has been unable to secure bookings on pontoons for cruises 4 onwards. Harbourmasters are unwilling to take bookings at moment during potentially very busy periods. There followed a discussion on various options, including informing members that cruises during the summer period may require boats to be dispersed on buoys or even anchoring. This would mean there may not be assistance on hand to help with mooring. It was agreed to that we could not make any firm decisions until the situation became clearer closer to the time of the summer cruises.

Alan informed Committee he was about to circulate details of revised FOGOF departure which has moved to 01 July.

Item 5: Honorary Treasurer’s Report
Mike presented a resume of the Treasurers report circulated to committee members in advance. The decisions of Committee ratified at the meeting 25.03.21 to reduce renewing membership fees to £10.00 for the 2021-2022 season results in a shortfall of funds of approximately £400 in the current year. Combined with a £203 invoice for new burgees an overall shortfall of circa £600 is predicted although sale of burgees will reduce the expenditure item.

Current amount at bank is £3,870 with no debits outstanding to pay.

There followed a discussion on whether the Treasurer and other account signatories should be permitted to action payments of minor amounts without the need to seek approval from a second signatory. As all accounting has now moved to online, payment of minor amounts such as postage reimbursements results in the need for two signatories to sign into the account with card readers to approve the payment of a few pounds.

It was agreed that minor payments of under £10.00 could be made by a single signatory, subject to Committee being informed once five such payments had been made.

Proposed by Dave Evans and seconded by Alan Eves.

Item 6: Membership Secretary’s Report
Paul confirmed he had received the new burgees from Pip for sale to membership. Alan requested that he be copied into revised lists of membership/boats as new members joined.

Item 7: Social Secretary’s Report
Lynne indicated she had made preliminary enquiries with The Bridge and St. Elizabeth’s House regarding booking a prize giving evening for approx. 30-35 persons. The Bridge have availability in October but St. Elizabeth’s House could not accommodate us until January 2022 due to the large number of weddings which have been postponed. A discussion on suitability of date concurred that October was preferred, being the ‘end of the sailing season’ and still relatively warm for those who wished to stay overnight on their boats.

It was agreed that Lynne would book The Bridge for 23rd October 2021 (preference) or 30th October, and also, we would restrict the menu choices to make the administration easier.

Margaret raised if a pre-cruise B-B-Q on Mountbatten Beach could be reintroduced. This was agreed as a good idea and Alan to notify those attending cruises 1-3 that there would be a B-B-Q the evening prior to departure (weather permitting) – participants to make own food and drink arrangements.

Margaret informed Committee that no contact has yet been made with The Borringdon Arms regarding resuming monthly social evenings. This cannot happen until unrestricted opening is permitted – scheduled at moment for 21st June.

Action: Alan to include the notification of an optional B-B-Q on Mountbatten Beach the evening before the departure of cruises 1-3 within the cruise instructions.

Item 8: Webmaster’s Report
Andrew reported that the site was up to date, some old pdf files removed, and the new cruise calendar has been posted.

Item 9: Update of Future Events
Date of next Committee meeting – 23rd September.

Item 10: Any Other Business
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.27 pm.

Hilary Poyntz
Honorary Secretary

Committee Meeting Minutes

25th March 2021

Held on-line

Present:
Val Ayres: Commodore
Margaret Eves: Vice Commodore
Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail
Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary
Mike Poyntz: Honorary Treasurer
Pip Shell: Membership Secretary
Lynne Shell: Social Secretary
Andrew Pascoe: Club Website
Kevin Whitmill: Committee member
Bev Whitmill: Committee member
Hilary Poyntz: Committee member
David Evans: Committee member
Graham Norris: Committee member
Paul Evans: Membership Secretary designate
Alan Casey: Club member

Item 1: Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence had been received from the following members:
Sandra Lerpiniere: Committee member.

The Commodore welcomed everyone and pointed out that under normal circumstances this meeting would have been the Annual General meeting, however, the Committee had made the decision not to hold an AGM this year because of the Covid 19 pandemic.

In order to maintain continuity in the management of the Club – as well as addressing ongoing Club management matters, the meeting would also cover all of the items normally addressed at a CCC AGM.

Club members had been invited to log in to the meeting if they wished.

Item 2:  Approval of the minutes of the previous committee meeting held on 14.01.21
Val pointed out that there was a mistake in the previous minutes  – Kev and Bev Whitmill  had been left off the list of attendees.

David proposed and Pip seconded that subject to the above correction the minutes should be accepted as a true record and everyone was in agreement

Decision: The corrected Minutes of the Committee meeting held on 14.01.21 were approved as a true record of that meeting.

Item 3: Matters arising from the previous minutes
3.1. Lynne to cancel the booking made with Plym Yacht Club for the 2021 AGM / Fitting Out Supper. (Item 3.1 of the previous minutes refers).

Lynne reported that the booking had been cancelled

Item closed.

3.2. Val to inform members of the Committee’s decision not to hold an AGM this year. (Item 5 of the previous minutes refers).

Val reported that members had been informed of the Committee’s decision and they had also been invited to join tonight’s Committee meeting.

She also confirmed that, following discussion at the last meeting, she had contacted PYH to request that they continue to advertise the CCC on their website and through the flyer which they have in the past issued to new berth holders. The response from PYH had been very positive and they confirmed that they were happy to have the Club Cruising Schedule displayed in their foyer.

Item closed.

Item 4: Commodore’s Report
Val started her report by pointing out that the past year had been unprecedented and that none of the Club Sailing or social activities had gone ahead due the Covid 19 pandemic restrictions and regulations.

She thanked Alan and Lynne, who had both still spent considerable time and effort in planning events which had to be cancelled, and have still volunteered to continue in their roles for another year.

Throughout the year the Club had received briefings regarding compliance with Government Covid 19 regulations, from the RYA and these had been circulated to the members.

During the summer, sailing had been allowed but not cruising in company. Club members actively kept in touch via the WhatsApp group reporting on their individual day sails and some cruising further afield.

The Prize Giving party could not go ahead and due to the restricted sailing, the only trophy which could be awarded was for the Happy Snapper competition.

Val was glad to have been informed by Pip that membership numbers for the coming season were as good as this time last year with 70 paid up members and 6 Life Members.

The restrictions on social gatherings had meant that over the last year the Club Committee had been meeting online and Val thanked Mike for the introduction to and setting up of Zoom meetings.

With regard to Club cruises for the coming season, Val was pleased to be able to report   that Alan was about to issue a new Club Cruising Programme which would comply with the roadmap for the “release of the lockdown” and her hope was that Club cruises could get back to normal in the near future.

She reminded members that the Club had a wonderful history, which was documented on the website, involving people with a common interest in sailing, and socialising with      people who enjoyed sailing and she looked forward to the return of normal times.

This meeting would be Val’s last duty as Commodore before passing the role over to Pip. She wished him well and thanked him for the 15 years he had carried out the duties of the Membership Secretary with such efficiency and she thanked the Committee for their support of the Club and in particular over the past 2 years while she had served as Commodore – a role which she had been very proud to hold and which had come as somewhat of a surprise to a person who up to 11 years ago had never sailed.

Item 5:  Rear Commodore Sail’s Report
Alan reported that since the last meeting he had published a winter quiz and thanked those who had participated for their support

He then informed the Committee that the Cruising Programme for 2021 which he had previously published, would soon be reissued to comply with the details recently made public regarding the easing of the Covid 19 restrictions.

The planned Cruise number 1 would have to be cancelled and provisional bookings had been made at Salcombe for 22nd to 23rd May, Fowey for 29th to 31st May and Fowey for 5th to 6th June.

The Western Cruise which is planned 12th to 19th June will be followed by the Fogof for those who might be interested

Alan welcomed the Committee’s thoughts on the sailing programme beyond those dates and a general discussion followed regarding the practicalities of dealing with social distancing when ashore and booking ahead at locations other than Fowey or Salcombe.

Val thanked Alan for his report.

Item 6:  Presentation of the accounts by the Honorary Treasurer
Mike referred to the Report which he had emailed to the Committee prior to the     meeting.

The accounts for the financial year ending 28th February 2021 had been examined and signed off by Kevin Whitmill. Mike thanked Kevin for his help in this matter.

As was previously forecasted, the Club finished the year with a surplus of £509.97 due primarily to savings arising as a result of Covid 19 restrictions and not having a Prize Giving event. The deferral of the RYA annual affiliation fee until April 2021 meant that no affiliation fee was paid during the year.

The proposed budget for 2021-2022 which had been circulated was based on a    membership of 70 –  a shortfall of about £400 was expected due to the decision taken at the January Committee meeting to reduce membership fees for existing members to £10. The shortfall would be covered by this year’s surplus.

The closing balance on the current account stood at £2956.35
The closing balance on the Deposit account stood at £1063.18.

Mike concluded that, when taking into account the Club’s very limited ongoing costs and liabilities, the finances were in a sound position. He reported that he had obtained quotes from several Insurance companies for the renewal of the Club insurance for the coming year and that his recommendation was that we were getting good value from the RYA scheme and should continue with Gallagher who administer the RYA scheme

Val thanked Mike for his report and Kevin for examining and signing off the accounts.

It was agreed that the Examiner for the Club Accounts for the 2021 to 2022 financial year   would be Colin Ayres.

It was proposed by Margaret and seconded by Paul that the Signed Off Accounts be accepted as a true record and the Committee were all in agreement.

It was proposed by Pip and seconded by David that the proposed Budget for 2021 – 2022 be accepted and that the subscription for existing members would be £10 and new members £15 and the Committee were all in agreement.

It was proposed by David and seconded by Kevin that the Club would pay the sum of £567.52 to Gallagher for insurance for the coming year and the Committee were all in agreement.

Decision; The signed off accounts for the 2020 – 2021 financial year were accepted as a true record.

Decision; The proposed budget for the 2021 -2022 was accepted and the subscription for existing members was set at £10 and £15 for new members.

Decision; The sum of £567.52 would be paid to Gallagher as the premium for renewal of the Club’s insurance

Action; Mike to pay insurance premium to Gallagher when due.

Item 7: Membership Secretary’s Report
Pip reported that the membership currently stood at 76 for the coming year, which included 6 life members. He had been notified of 4 members not renewing this year and had had a good response from members letting him know when they had made their payments directly into the bank.

Being able to view the Club’s account online since the Honorary Treasurer had made the necessary arrangements, had helped enormously and his recommendation was that Paul, the new membership secretary, should be given the same access.

Pip had edited the Membership application form to show the revised contact details for Paul and passed it to Andrew for inclusion on the Club website.

He reported that most of the new membership cards had been either posted or delivered by hand and some would be left in the pigeon holes at PYH.

Pip thanked everyone for their support in his role as Membership Secretary over the last 15 years and wished Paul well when he takes on the role.

A discussion then took place regarding how to enable Paul to gain online access to the Club’s current account. Mike agreed to make the necessary arrangements.

Val thanked Pip for his report.

Action:  Mike to arrange online access to the Club’s current account for Paul.

Item 8: Social Secretary’s Report
Lynne pointed out that none of the Club’s usual calendar events had taken place; she had contacted The Plym Yacht Club to cancel the 2021 AGM and informed them that, subject to Covid 19 regulations, the Club might hold a social event later in the year and she would contact them if the Club felt it appropriate.

Although she had nothing else to report she was hopeful that perhaps the Prize Giving Party might be held in October and the roll-out of the vaccines might allow a return to some form of normality. Lynne pointed out that she was happy to continue in her role for another year.

Val thanked Lynne for her report.

Item 9:  Webmaster’s report
Andrew reported that the Website was running well and was up to date and that he would add the new Cruising Programme when it was prepared. He felt that the Club should formally thank David Hallett for the help he has given to Andrew in sorting problems as they arose and for hosting the website.

Val thanked Andrew for his report.

Action: Pip to express the Club’s gratitude to David Hallett

Item 10: Election of Club Officers
Val reminded the meeting that, at the January online Committee meeting it was agreed    that this year’s AGM could not take place, and agreement was reached that the Committee, as elected in 2019, would serve for another year with the necessary co-opting of new members, some resignations and changeover of roles.

Club members had recently been invited to serve on the Committee and in response Paul Evans had volunteered and is to take on the role of Membership Secretary.

The Club members had previously been informed that the proposed Officers and Committee members for 2021 – 2022 will be as follows;

Commodore:  Pip Shell
Vice Commodore: Margaret Eves
Rear Commodore Sail: Alan Eves
Honorary Treasurer: Mike Poyntz
Honorary Secretary: Hilary Poyntz
Membership Secretary: Paul Evans
Social Secretary: Lynne Shell
Website: Andrew Pascoe
Committee members: Kevin and Bev Whitmill
Committee member: Sandra Lerpiniere
Committee member: David Evans
Committee member: Graham Norris

It was proposed by Graham Norris and seconded by Pip Shell that Paul Evans should be co-opted onto the Committee and that the above members should serve as listed for the coming year. Everyone was in agreement.

Val informed the Committee that the RYA had been informed that the new Club contacts from the end of this month will be Mike as Honorary Treasurer and Hilary as Honorary Secretary; the RYA  had confirmed that their records had been updated.

Action: Hilary to inform the RYA of her address.

Item 11: Update of future events
Online Committee meeting 22nd April, 2021

Item 12: Any other business
Pip will check the supply of burgees and order as necessary.

The Committee thanked Val and Colin, who were about to step down from the Committee, for their service to Club.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:40pm.

Colin Ayres

Agenda for the meeting of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee, to be held online at 19:30 on Thursday, 25th March, 2021.

1: Apologies for absence

2: Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Committee Meeting held on 14 . 01.21. (Taken as read as previously emailed).

3: Matters Arising from the Previous Minutes: 3.1. Lynne to cancel the booking made with Plym Yacht Club for the 2021 AGM / Fitting Out Supper. (Item 3.1 of the previous minutes refers). 3.2. Val to inform members of the Committee’s decision to cancel the 2021 AGM. (Item 5 of the previous minutes refers).

4: Commodores Report for the 2020 – 2021 Club year.

5: Rear Commodore Sail’s report for 2020 -2021.

6: Presentation of Accounts by the Honorary Treasurer. Honorary Treasurers Report for 2020 – 2021. Acceptance of the Signed-off accounts for 2020 – 2021 Proposed budget for 2021 – 2022. Proposed membership fees for 2021 – 2022. Appointment of the Club’s Accounts Examiner for 2021 -2022

7: Membership Secretary’s report 2020 – 2021.

8: Social Secretary’s report 2020 – 2021.

9: Webmaster’s report 2020 – 2021.

10: Election of the Club Officers and Committee members for 2021 – 2022.

11: Update of Future Events. Online Committee meeting 22nd April, 2021.

12: Any other Business

Committee Meeting Minutes

14th January, 2021

Held on-line

Participants:
Val Ayres:
Commodore
Margaret Eves: Vice Commodore
Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail
Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary
Mike Poyntz: Honorary Treasurer
Pip Shell: Membership secretary
Lynne Shell: Social Secretary
Andrew Pascoe: Webmaster
David Evans: Committee Member
Graham Norris: Committee Member
Hilary Poyntz: Committee Member

The Commodore opened the online meeting by welcoming everyone and pointed out that Paul Evans, who has offered to join the Committee for the 2021 – 2022 year was also sitting in on the meeting. Val thanked Mike for setting the meeting up.

1 Apologies received from members not participatingSandra Lerpiniere and Graham Norris.

2 Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held online on 8th October, 2020
The Minutes of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee Meeting held on 8th October 2020 were accepted as a true record with the exception of the number of Club members which had been incorrectly recorded as 82; the correct number at that time was 84.   

It was proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by David Evans that the minutes, subject to the above correction, should be accepted as a true record. The Committee members were all in agreement.

3 Matters arising from the Previous Minutes
3.1. Lynne to make a booking with Plym Yacht Club to hold the CCC Annual General Meeting / Fitting Out Supper there on 27th March. (Item 8 of the previous minutes refers).

Lynne confirmed that this had been done.

Action: Following discussion later in the meeting under item 5 of the agenda, it was agreed that Lynne should cancel the booking.

3.2 Pip to contact members to ascertain if they wished their boat details, including crew, berth/mooring location and contact details incorporated in a list for circulation to club members. (Item of AOB of the previous minutes refers).

Pip reported that the list had been compiled and circulated and he suggested that in future it should be updated at regular intervals.

Item closed

4 An update on Covid19 and the Club activitiesVal stated that the situation still remained that all Club activities other than those which could be carried out online are cancelled.

Briefings from the RYA had been and will continue to be circulated to members as the Club receives them.

5 Agenda and format for the 2021 AGM
The Committee discussed at length the possibility and options for holding the 2021 AGM during the COVID-19 pandemic and reached the conclusion that the Club could continue to function for another year without the formality of holding an AGM.

It was proposed by Andrew and seconded by Pip and unanimously agreed that: The 2021 Annual General Meeting would be cancelled and the matters normally dealt with at the AGM will be dealt with at the next Committee meeting which will be held on 25th March; the meeting will be held online via Zoom and all Club members will be invited to join the meeting.

Val will write to members informing them of the Committee’s decision.

Decision: The 2021 AGM to be cancelled and matters normally dealt with at the AGM   will be decided in Committee on 25.03.21 with all members invited to log on.

It was agreed that the agenda for the March meeting would follow that of recent AGMs which included producing the Budget and setting the subscription for the coming year.

Mike pointed out that there would be a surplus for the 2020 – 2021 Club financial year of about £590 due to the saving made by not awarding trophies and engraved tumblers for the past season and also by a saving on the payment of the affiliation fee to the RYA which was brought about by the RYA putting back the date for fee renewal by 3 months.

There followed a discussion on the subscription fee for the coming season and subsequent to a proposal by Pip, which was seconded by Mike, the Committee reached a majority decision that, due to the cancelation of this year’s Club activities, existing   members should only be charged £10 for the coming season. This reduction in the       subscription would be for one year only and new members would still pay £15.

Decision: The subscription for existing members for the 2021 – 2022 season will be £10 for one year only and £15 for new members.

There followed a discussion regarding the make-up of the Committee for the 2021 – 2022 Club year:

Commodore:  Val stated that she would be stepping down from the Commodore’s role and the Committee and felt that, due to the length of service which he had given to the Club, the role should be offered to Pip and all present were in complete agreement.

The Honorary Secretary stated that he would also giving up his role and stepping down from the Committee.

Details of the Officers and Committee members willing to stand for election for the 2021 – 2022 Club year are as follows. The Committee to be elected at the March 2021 Committee meeting:
Commodore: Pip Shell
Vice Commodore: Margaret Eves
Rear Commodore Sail: Alan Eves
Honorary Treasurer: Mike Poyntz
Honorary Secretary: Hilary Poyntz
Membership Secretary: Paul Evans
Social Secretary: Lynne Shell
Webmaster: Andrew Pascoe
Committee member: Kevin Whitmill
Committee member: Bev Whitmill
Committee member: Sandra Lepiniere
Committee member: David Evans
Committee member: Graham Norris

6 Rear Commodore Sail’s Report
Alan reported that the Cattewater Cruising Club Cruising programme for 2021 had been published and circulated to members with a copy posted on the Plymouth Yacht Haven noticeboard and the CCC website.

The Club’s winter walks had not been possible but he intended to send to members an online quiz regarding identifying notable Devon landmarks.

7 Honorary Treasurer’s Report
Mike reiterated that the accounts for the 2020 – 2021 Club financial year would show a surplus of approximately £590.

8  Social Secretary’s Report
Lynne reported that the booking made at the Plym Yacht Club for the AGM / Fitting Out Supper would be cancelled.

Action: Lynne to cancel the 2021 AGM booking at Plym Yacht Club.

9 Membership Secretary’s ReportPip reported that the membership at present stood at 82 including life members.

10  Webmaster’s Report
Andrew reported that the Club website was running ok and that he would be reinstating a portion of the Club history which Val had noticed was missing.

Update of future events
Online Committee Meeting: 25th March, 2021.
Online Committee Meeting: 22nd April, 2021.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:45pm.

Colin Ayres
Honorary Secretary

Agenda for the meeting of the Cattewater Cruising ClubComittee, to be held online at 19:30 on Thursday, 14th January, 2021

1: Apologies for Absence.
2: Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Committee Meeting held on 8th October, 2020. (Taken as read as previously emailed).
3: Matters Arising from the Previous Minutes.
3.1. Lynne to make a booking with Plym Yacht Club to hold the CCC Annual General Meeting / Fitting Out Supper there on 27th March, 2021. (Item 8 of the previous minutes refers).
3.2. Pip to contact members to ascertain if they wished their boat details, including crew and berth / mooring location and contact details to be included in a list for circulation to club members. (Item of AOB in previous minutes refers).
4: Update on Covid 90 and the Club activities.
5: Agenda and format for the 2021 AGM.
6: Rear Commodore Sail’s report.
7: Honorary Treasurer’s report.
8: Membership Secretary’s report.
9: Social Secretary’s report.
10: Webmaster’s report.
11: Update of Future Events.
12: Any other Business.