Agendas & Minutes, 2020

Committee Meeting Minutes

8th October, 2020

Held on-line

Participants: Val Ayres: Commodore Margaret: EvesVice Commodore Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary Mike Poyntz: Honorary Treasurer Pip Shell: Membership secretary Lynne Shell: Social Secretary Andrew Pascoe: Webmaster David Evans: Committee Member Graham Norris: Committee Member Hilary Poyntz: Committee Member

The Commodore opened the online meeting by welcoming everyone and she thanked Mike for setting it up

1 Apologies from members not participating Sandra Lerpiniere, Kevin Whitmill and Bev Whitmill

2 Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held online on 26th May, 2020 The Minutes of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee Meeting held on 26th May, 2020 were accepted as a true record.

Proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by David Evans. The Committee members were in agreement.

3 Matters arising from the Previous Minutes 3.1. Val to inform members that; the 2020 AGM would be cancelled and payments received for refreshments would be refunded; the Officers and Committee Members as elected for the 2019- 2020 club year, with the exception of Roger and Celia Coleman, would continue to serve for the 2020-2021 club year and Mike and Hillary Poyntz and Graham Norris would be co-opted onto the Committee. (Item 4 of the previous minutes refers).

Val confirmed that the action had been carried out.

Item closed

3.2. The Honorary Secretary to produce and send to Members a Club Report for the 2019-2020 Club season. (Item 4 of the previous minutes refers).

The action had been carried out.

Item closed.

3.3. Lynne to inform Plym Yacht Club of the cancellation of the AGM and, together with Pip, refund money to the members who had paid for refreshments at the AGM. (Items 4& 8 of the previous minutes refers).

Lynne confirmed that the action had been completed.

Item closed.

3.4. Mike to arrange the online authorization of payments.

Mike confirmed that arrangements had been made with the bank for payments to be authorized online by himself, Alan and Pip. (Item 6 of the previous minutes refers).

Item closed.

3.5. Andrew to approach Rowan Pughe regarding him taking on the role of Club Accounts Examiner. (Item 6 of the previous minutes refers).

Andrew confirmed that Rowan would take on the role.

Item closed.

4 An update on Covid19 and the Club activities Val stated that Members had been informed on 19th March that all Club activities including Committee meetings would cease until further notice.

Since that date the Committee had started to hold meetings online but no Club cruises or social activities had taken place.

The Club has been receiving regular briefings from the RYA which give updated advice based on Government Covid 19 regulations. There has been no indication that Club activities would be resuming in the near future.

The WhatsApp group which had been set up by Andrew, our Webmaster, following the 2019 AGM, had proved very popular and useful over the past sailing season and had turned out to be a great means for members to keep in touch. Anyone wishing to join the group could do so by contacting Andrew.

The laying Up Supper and Prize Giving Party.

Val asked that it should be recorded that at an online meeting held on 10th September the Committee had made the decision to inform Members that the 2020 Laying up Supper and Prize Giving Party would not go ahead and that due to the nature of the 2020 sailing season the only trophy which could be awarded this year was the Happy Snapper Trophy for the photographic competition. Details of the competition had been circulated to members.

5 Rear Commodore Sail’s Report Alan reported that the pandemic had led to the cancellation of the 2020 CCC Cruising Programme. The introduction of the “lockdown” early in the season and the ongoing advice received from the RYA, based on the changing Government regulations brought in during the summer, meant that his plans made for the Club cruises for the season did not materialise.

After the initial set back, members had turned to the WhatsApp group to encourage each other regarding local and distance sailing and helped by the the sunshine and fair winds the Club spirit was kept alive, for which he thanked the members.

He went on to say that he hoped to produce the 2021 Cruising programme before the end of this year and pointed out that the FOGOF cruise to France, which members of the CCC had been invited to join this year, would be part of our Cruising programme next year, however, if the pandemic restrictions continue the cruise might be a UK coastal cruise.

Val thanked Alan for his report

6 Honorary Treasurer’s Report Mike referred to the reports which he had forwarded to the Committee prior to the meeting and pointed out the Club’s total assets in the Treasurer’s account and the Business account, at present stood at £3456, which he felt, when taking into account any future liabilities, was a very healthy balance.

His forecast for this financial year was that there would be a surplus in the business account of £460 and that the total assets at the end of the year would be £3256.

The surplus for this financial year had materialised as a result of the membership being greater than budgeted and the reduction of the cost associated with the award of the trophies for the 2020 season.

Val thanked Mike for his report and reminded the Committee that at their next meeting in January, the rate of subscription for 2021-2022 would need to be set and she suggested that in the meantime Committee members could consider whether any surplus from this year should be taken into account.

7 Membership Secretary’s Report Pip reported that the membership stood at 82 including Life Members.

Val thanked Pip for his report

8 Social Secretary’s report Lynne reported that since the last meeting no social events had taken place and the 2020 Laying Up Supper / Prize Giving Party had been cancelled.

She raised the matter of making a booking for the 2021 AGM/ Fitting Out Supper and the Committee agreed that a booking should be made for 27th March, 2021 at Plym     Yacht Club.

Action: Lynne to make a booking to hold the 2021 AGM at Plym Yacht Club.

Val thanked Lynne for her report

9 Webmaster’s report Andrew reported that the website was functioning as normal and that it informed viewers that all Club cruises were cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

He had received a few entries for the photographic competition which were displayed on the website.

The WhatsApp group was being well used by members.

10 Update of future events Committee meeting January 14th 2021

Annual General Meeting March 27th 2021

Any other business.

David suggested that a list should be distributed to members containing the names of Club members’ boats, owners, crews and berth/ mooring locations; it would, in particular, help integration of new members.

After a general discussion it was agreed that members should be approached to see if they would like their details to be included in the list.

It was proposed by David and seconded by Pip that members should be contacted to see if they wished their details to be added to a list which would be circulated to Club members. The Committee members were in agreement.

Action: Pip to draw up details of a proposed list and contact the members.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:20pm.

Colin Ayres Honorary Secretary

Annual Report for the 2019 – 2020 Club Year

1 Introduction 2 Matters arising from the 2019 AGM 3 A message from the Commodore 4 Club cruises, sailing matters and winter activities 5 Finances 6 Club Membership 7 Social Events 8 The Club Website 9 Subscription for the 2020-2021 season 10 Officers and Committee members for the 2020-2021 season 11 Appointment of the Club’s accounts Examiner

Introduction Arrangements were made for the 2020 Annual General Meeting to be held on 28th March at Plym Yacht Club; it was to be followed by the Fitting Out Supper.

In response to the government measures introduced to combat the Coronavirus pandemic, the Commodore wrote to members on 19th March informing them that all Club activities were being suspended until further notice.

On the 26th May the Committee held an online meeting to discuss how the Club should deal with the ongoing restrictions regarding social distancing and travel restrictions and because no practical way could be found of holding the 2020 AGM, the decision was taken to cancel it and plans were made of how to proceed with the administration of the Club for the coming year.

Following the online Committee meeting the Commodore wrote to the members on 28th May informing them of the cancelation of the AGM and The Fitting Out Supper and the measures which the Committee would put in hand for the running of the Club for the coming year, which are:

1 The Officers and Committee members elected for the 2019-2020 Club year, with the exception of Roger and Celia Coleman, would continue to serve for the 2020-2021Club year. 2 Mike Poyntz would be co-opted on to the Committee as Honorary Treasurer and Hilary Poyntz and Graham Norris would be co-opted on as Committee members. 3 The Committee would produce an Annual Report for members which would cover the items which normally form the agenda of the AGM.

Matters arising from 2019 Annual General Meeting To action item 7 of the 2019 AGM minutes, the Commodore wrote to members to gain feedback on existing Club activities and asked for suggestions for any new ones. There had been no feedback to report.

To action item 13 of the 2019 AGM minutes, the Commodore wrote to the PPSA and informed them that the Club would be ceasing our affiliation.

To action item 15 of the 2019 AGM minutes, the Commodore and the Webmaster set up a WhatsApp group which has been a success and widely used throughout the sailing and winter seasons.

A Message from the Commodore, Val Ayres The Club activities for the year ending 28th February 2020 could all be classed as a great success.

In terms of numbers, our membership has been maintained at a level which once again sees us able to absorb any increase in running costs without increasing the annual subscription for the 2020 – 2021 club year.

Although some members move away each year, we are pleased that new ones regularly come along.

The Club is very fortunate in that we hold onto a core of long-term loyal members who continue to provide the Club with great support and stability.

Last summer’s good weather allowed Alan to arrange some very enjoyable Club cruises and although none went further west than Fowey, we did get as far east as Brixham.

The participation in the Club cruises, the Boringdon Socials, the Prize Giving Party, the winter walks, the evening talks and the visit to the Dockyard Heritage Centre all reflected what a well-supported club we are. This is all down to the commitment of the Committee and Club members.

At the 2019 Prize Giving Party, and for the first time in many years, the Club made the award of Life Membership to both Roger and Celia Coleman who over a long period had served the Club tirelessly. Between them they had held the roles of Commodore, Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Secretary but last year they decided that the time had come to pass their boat Paloma on to someone else and hang up their lifejackets. We all wish them well and it is great to see that Paloma remains a Club boat.

The Annual General Meeting, of course, in the past was the opportunity for members to raise points and have their say in the running of the Club. Please do not feel that because this year’s AGM was cancelled that the Committee do not want your questions or suggestions. Please feel free to contact any of us regarding any matter to do with the Club.

As Commodore I have to express my gratitude to the Committee who have given the Club tremendous support over the last year and continue to do so in these very difficult times.

Also, on behalf of the Club we thank all of our members for your wonderful support.

Club cruises, sailing matters and winter activities, Alan Eves, Rear Commodore Sail Planned Cruises The 2019 season was a success. 6 of the 10 planned cruises went ahead in some form. There was a total of 86 entries for the planned cruises and 26 different boats took part in the cruises which went ahead.

Club Trophies The Annual Prize Giving Party was a well-attended, enjoyable evening and all of the trophies were awarded.

Winter events Over the winter two very well supported walks took place.

An invitation was received from the Plym Yacht Club to a very informative evening on the RYA Safe Trx App.

An evening talk at the Boringdon Arms regarding the FOGOF trip to France was very well attended by CCC members.

Members visited the Royal Navy Heritage Centre at Devonport

Finances, Roger Coleman, the retiring Honorary Treasurer The Signed Off accounts for the financial year 2019-2020 will be available when the lock down conditions allow the Examiner and Roger to meet; in the mean-time the unexamined accounts balance sheet is attached to the Annual Report.

The balance sheet shows that: The income / expenditure account for the financial year ending 2020 showed a surplus of £409.58.

In comparison, the income / expenditure account for the financial year ending 2019 showed a surplus of £234.44

The Budget for the 2020- 2021, a copy of which is attached to the Annual Report, was based on a membership for the year of 70 and the annual subscription remaining at £15.

The closing balance on the deposit account was £1062.76.

The closing balance of all current assets was £2874.56

Roger reported that new signing mandates for the two bank accounts had been set up for Mike Poyntz, the new Honorary Treasurer.

A donation of £200 which had been raised at the Prize Giving Supper and given to the RNLI had been acknowledged.

Club Membership, Pip Shell, the Membership Secretary The membership for 2019- 2020 peaked at 90 including 5 Life Members; an increase of 8 on the previous year.

Looking forward, the membership for the 2020 – 2021 club year already exceeds the 70 paying members on which the budget for the coming year is based.

Social Events, Lynne Shell, the Social Secretary A well-attended Fitting Out Supper was combined with the 2019 Annual General Meeting and held early in the season at the Mount Batten Water Sports and Activities Centre.

A very successful Laying Up Supper was combined with the Prize Giving Party and held at The Bridge. Over 30 members attended and the draw raised £200 for the RNLI.

The 2020 Annual General Meeting combined with the Fitting Out Supper was arranged to be held at Plym Yacht Club at the end of March but was cancelled because of the Corona virus pandemic.

The monthly socials held at the Boringdon have been well supported.

The Club Website, Andrew Pascoe, the Club Webmaster During the year a new host: HG15, was appointed for the Website. David Hallet, the proprietor of HG15, kindly waivered the cost associated with the transfer and the security certificate.

A WhatsApp group was set up following the 2019 AGM and has been popular and widely used especially during the lockdown.

Subscription for the 2020-2021 season Roger Coleman produced a budget for the 2020-2021 financial year, a copy of which is attached.

Based on a membership of 70, and in line with the budget, the Committee has decided to maintain the annual subscription rate at £15 per person per year.

Officers and Committee members for the 2020-2021 Club year The Officers for the 2020-2021 Club year will be: Commodore: Val Ayres Vice Commodore: Margaret Eves Rear Commodore Sail: Alan Eves Honorary Secretary: Colin Ayres Honorary Treasurer: Mike Poyntz.

The Committee Members for the 2020-2021 Club year will be: Membership Secretary: Pip Shell Social Secretary: Lynne Shell Club Webmaster: Andrew Pascoe Committee member: Kevin Whitmill Committee member: Bev Whitmill Committee member: Sandra Lerpiniere Committee member: David Evans Committee member: Hilary Poyntz Committee member: Graham Norris

Appointment of the Examiner for the Club’s accounts for the 2020-2021 financial year Yvonne Traynor, who has kindly acted as the Accounts Examiner for many years, will not be continuing in the role after 2020.

The appointed Examiner for the Club’s accounts for the 2020- 2021 financial year will be Rowan Pughe.

Tuesday 26th May, 2020

Committee Meeting

Held on-line

Participants: Val Ayres: Commodore Margaret Eves: Vice Commodore Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary Mike Poyntz: Honorary Treasurer Andrew Pascoe: Webmaster Kevin Whitmill: Committee Member Bev Whitmill: Committee Member Hilary Poyntz: Committee Member David Evans: Committee Member

The Commodore opened the meeting by welcoming everyone to the “Zoom” online meeting, especially Mike and Hilary as new Committee members; she pointed out that this was the first meeting the Club had been able to hold since the introduction of the Covid 19 lockdown and she thanked Mike for setting up the meeting.

Val recounted that the Club’s present status was, that she had informed the members on 19th March, that in line with Government advice at that time, all club activities including Committee meetings would cease until further notice.

The introduction of online meetings was the first step in hopefully reopening the Club.

Due to the present unprecedented circumstances the Club would need to modify its procedures and forgo some formalities to get through the coming year and she hoped that members would understand.

1: Apologies from members not participating Pip Shell, Lynne Shell, Sandra Lerpiniere, Graham Norris.

2: Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held on 16th January, 2020 The Minutes of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee Meeting held on 16th January, 2020 were accepted as a true record.

Proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by KevinWhitmill. The Committee members were in agreement

3: Matters arising from the Previous Minutes 3.1. The Honorary Secretary to send out the notification and paperwork relating to the 2020 AGM (Item 5 of the previous minutes refers)

Honorary Secretary reported that the action had been carried out, although the AGM had not taken place due to the lockdown.

Item closed

3.2. Celia to ask Yvonne whether she would act as the Examiner for the Club accounts for the 2020- 2021 financial year.

The action had been carried out but Yvonne had replied that did not wish to carry on as the Club accounts examiner beyond this year

Item closed.

4: The 2020 Annual General Meeting Val pointed out that this year’s AGM was to have been combined with the Fitting Out Supper and that some members had paid for the refreshments in advance. A decision would have to be made during the meeting regarding what to do about the AGM and The Fitting Out Supper.

One very important consequence of not holding an AGM would be that the formal election of Officers and Committee members for the 2020-2021 club year would not take place. Club members had been informed prior to the AGM of nominations for the posts.

After discussion regarding various options and in view of the ongoing uncertainty over government restrictions, it was proposed by David Evans and seconded by Alan Eves that:

1: This year’s AGM and Fitting Out Supper would be cancelled and payments made for refreshments would be returned. 2: The Officers and Committee members as elected for the 2019 – 2020 club year, with the exception of Roger and Celia Coleman who had resigned as of March 2020, would continue to serve for the 2020-2021club year. 3: The Committee would co-opt Mike Poyntz as Honorary Treasurer and Hilary Poyntz and Graham Norris as Committee Members.

The Committee members were all in favour of the proposal.

It was agreed that at the time of distributing the minutes of this meeting to the members, the Honorary Secretary would inform them that a Club Report for the 2019- 2020 year would be issued and would contain the Club reports and financial details normally issued with the AGM minutes.

Decisions: 1: The 2020 Annual General Meeting was cancelled and the monies received for the Fitting Out Supper refreshments will be refunded. 2: With the exception of Roger and Celia Coleman, the Officers and committee members elected to the 2019- 2020 Committee will continue to serve as the Committee for the 2020-2021 Club year. 3:The Committee co-opted Mike Poyntz as Honorary Treasurer and Hilary Poyntz and Graham Norris as Committee members

Action: Honorary Secretary to produce a 2019- 2020 Club Report. Action: The monies received for Fitting Out Supper refreshments to be returned.

5: Rear Commodore Sail’s Report Before handing over to Alan, Val referred to the updates which the Committee had received from the RYA regarding how the risks associated with sailing club activities might be managed but pointed out that at present our normal cruise format would not be acceptable.

Alan referred to his report for the 2019 – 2020 season which he would have presented to the AGM had it gone ahead; it stated that:

6 out of the 10 planned cruises had gone ahead; 26 different boats had joined in and there had been a total of 86 entries for the season’s cruises.

Over the closed season 2 very well supported winter walks had taken place; an invitation had been issued to members to an RYA talk on the Safe Trx App; a well-attended evening talk had taken place at the Boringdon Arms regarding the Fogoff cruise and a visit to the Royal Navy Heritage Centre at Devonport had taken place.

Alan reiterated that at present the club’s sailing programme was in abeyance and that he would continue to monitor the situation, including keeping in touch with the Fowey and Salcombe Harbour Masters and CCC Club members.

Regarding the matter of Risk Assessments, it was agreed that committee members, would in the next few weeks, look into producing those, together with method statements, which would be specific to the Club’s cruising activities.

An informal Zoom meeting was scheduled for 23rd June to look at Cruising matters.

Val thanked Alan for his report.

6: Honorary Treasurer’s report Prior to the meeting Mike had emailed to the committee members, details of the Treasurer’s report, the income and expenditure account and a comparison between the 2020-2021 budget and the actual income expenditure to date for this year.

He explained that although the balance in the Treasurer’s account stood at £2408.78, it included £202.50 in respect of the Fitting Out Supper refreshments which would have to be refunded.

Due to the present membership being lower than forecast in the 2020-2021 budget and an increase in the cost of Club insurance, there was at present a projected deficit for this year of £32.52.  This deficit could be reduced by any income from subscriptions from new members during the coming year.

He reported that some reappraisal of the benefits provided by our insurers might produce a reduction in the cost next year.

Mike had now arranged online access to the club accounts and statements and reported that it would now also be possible for the club to make payments on line if the committee so wished; it was pointed out that this could overcome the physical problem of getting cheques signed by the mandated signatories.

David Evans proposed and Kevin Whitmill seconded that arrangements should be made with the bank so that the mandated signatories for the Club accounts should be able to authorise payments on line.

The Committee members were in agreement.

Regarding the appointment of an Examiner for the Club’s accounts for 2020-2021, Andrew offered to approach Rowan Pughe, an acquaintance of his, who was an accountant and who he thought would likely take on the role at no cost to the club.

Decision: Arrangements will be made with the Club’s bank to enable the mandated signatories to authorise payments online.

Action: Mike to arrange online authorisation of payments.

Action: Andrew to approach Rowan Pughe regarding the role of Club Accounts Examiner.

Val thanked Mike for his report.

7: Membership Secretary’s report Pip had sent his apologies for not being able to attend the meeting; he had sent a report which Val read to the meeting and in which he stated that the membership for last year had finished up at 90. It currently stood at 78 which included 7 life members.

He had been notified of 13 members not renewing but 5 new members had joined since the end of last year’s sailing programme.

He continued to get a good response from members notifying him of payments which they had made and that was very helpful.

Most membership cards had now been either posted or delivered by hand or were in the members’ pigeon holes at PYH. If any paid-up members had not received their membership cards then it was possibly because he had not been made aware of their payment.

Due to uncertainty over Covid19 restrictions Pip was in favour of cancelling the 2020 AGM / Fitting Out Supper and happy to help with making the refunds of the buffet money.

Val thanked Pip for his report

8: Social Secretary’s Report Lynne had sent her apologies for not being able to attend the meeting; she had sent a report which Val read to the meeting

The report stated that the Club had held a successful Prize Giving and Laying Up Supper at the Bridge last October and Lynne had made a booking for 17th October, 2020 for this year’s event. She advised keeping this date on the social events calendar and reviewing it at the end of the summer.

The AGM/ Fitting Out Supper had been booked at Plym Yacht Club and she had visited the venue and all was in place with members having paid in advance for the buffet. Due to the Lockdown the event had been cancelled.

Due to uncertainty over Covid 19 restrictions Lynne was in favour of cancelling the 2020 AGM and pointed out that she and Pip had all of the details necessary to repay members their buffet contributions if the committee decided to do so.

It was proposed by Alan Eves and seconded by Kevin Whitmill that monies received from members for the Fitting Out Supper would be refunded.

The Committee members were in agreement.

Decision: Monies received from members for the Fitting Out Supper refreshments will be refunded. Action: Lynne and Pip to refund member’s buffet payments.

Val thanked Lynne for her report.

9: Webmaster’s Report Andrew reported that the website was running ok although it at present informs readers that all activities have been postponed due to the current health crisis.

All necessary recommended updates to the site had been performed as recommended by WordPress.

Andrew also reported that he was in the process of adding a page to the Club website which he intended to populate with a list of sailing apps which members find useful. He had asked members for feedback on apps which they used.

Val thanked Andrew for his report.

10: Update of future events Informal Zoom meeting of the Committee to discuss progress on opening up club activities: 23.06.2020 Committee meeting: 08.10.2020 Prize Giving Party/Laying Up Supper: 17.10.2020

13: Any other business Val is to approach Plymouth Yacht Haven about the possibilities of improving the scope of their webcam for the benefit of berth holders who live away from Plymouth.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8:30 pm.

Colin Ayres Honorary Secretary

Thursday 16th January 2020

Committee Meeting

Held at The Boringdon Arms, Turnchapel, Plymouth @19:30

Present: Val Ayres:  Commodore Margaret Eves: Vice Commodore Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretar Roger Coleman: Honorary Treasurer Andrew Pascoe: Webmaster Kevin Whitmill: Committee Member Bev Whitmill: Committee Member Celia Coleman: Committee Member Sandra Lerpiniere: Committee Member

1 Apologies for Absence Pip Shell, Lynne Shell, David Evans.

2 Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held on 3rd October 2019 The Minutes of the Cattewater Cruising Club Committee Meeting held on 3rd October 2019 were passed as a true record.

Proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by KevinWhitmill. All present were in agreement.

3 Matters arising from the Previous Minutes 3.1. Roger and Val to provide the bank with details necessary for the new banking mandate. (Item 3.1 of the previous minutes refers).

After further discussion it was decided that the mandates would work best if the signatories were local to Plymouth and it was therefore agreed that the signatories would be Pip, Alan and the Treasurer.

Item closed

3.2 Val to send out another email to members, inviting them to submit photos of their boats for inclusion in the Club website (Item 3.4 of the previous minutes refers).

Val reported that she had received one more photo since the last meeting and it had been added to the website.

Item closed.

3.3 Val to report on progress on the rationalising of the Club Facebook page. (Item 3.5 of the previous minutes refers).

Val reported that the Facebook page seemed to be working ok.

Item closed.

3.4. Margaret to inform the club members that she will be co-ordinating the future Boringdon social evenings. ( Item 3.7 of the previous minutes refers)

Margaret reported that the action had been completed.

Action closed.

3.5 Alan to send details of the RYA SafeaTrx evening lecture to members. (Item 6 of the previous minutes refers).

Alan reported that the action had been completed.

Item closed.

4  Trophies and Prizes Val reported that following the last committee meeting all of the trophies were engraved and were now in the hands of the winners.

The total cost of the tumblers and engraving had amounted to £259.60.

The purchase of the engraved tumblers was recorded in the minutes of the previous meeting.

The cost of the engraving of the trophies was £101.40 and this amount the Club had paid since the last meeting so the transaction needed recording for the minutes.

Alan proposed that the Club should pay £101.40 for the engraving of the trophies and this was seconded by Sandra. All present were in agreement.

Decision: £101.40 to be spent on engraving the trophies.

5 Agenda for the Annual General meeting A proposed agenda, which followed the format of previous meetings, had been previously sent to Committee members. The agenda was discussed and agreed and will be sent out by the Secretary, together with the Calling Notice, paperwork for nominations of Officers and Committee members and details of two proposed amendments to the Constitution – the first one to cover the decision made at last year’s AGM to cease affiliation to the PPSA and the second to reduce the size of the quorum required at an AGM to 15% of voting members.

Val reported that following an email recently sent to members, she had received replies from three members willing to join the Committee, one of whom had volunteered to take over the role of Honorary Treasurer from Roger, who had informed the Committee at the last meeting that he would not be seeking re-election at the AGM.

The three “volunteers” would be voted on to the Committee at the AGM as follows: Michael Poyntz­: Treasurer Hilary Poyntz: Committee member Graham Norris: Committee member

Celia also informed the meeting that she would not be standing as a committee member for the coming year.

All other Officers and Committee members expressed their willingness to stand again and this meant that the Committee would consist of 14 members.

Celia offered to ask Yvonne Traynor if she would be willing to be the Examiner of the Club’s Accounts Club’s for the 2020 – 2021 financial year.

Roger had produced a budget for 2020 – 2021, formulated on a membership of 75 and a membership fee of £15, which the committee accepted and agreed that the fee should remain at £15 per year.

Action: Honorary Secretary to send out notification of the AGM together with the draft agenda, nomination of Officers and Committee members paperwork and details of amendments to the Constitution.

Action: Celia to contact Yvonne regarding examining the Club’s accounts.

6 Rear Commodore Sail’s Report Alan reported that prior to Christmas he had circulated the Cruising Programme for 2020 and received positive feedback including acknowledgement from Fowey Harbour Master that the dates had been entered in their log

Two winter walks had so far gone ahead: the first one in November had been a muddy stroll around Brixton with lunch at the Foxhound Inn and the second had been a stroll along the river Avon, followed by lunch at the Avonwick Inn.

A third winter walk was being planned for early February and details would be published soon. A booking had already been made for Sunday lunch at Church House Inn at Churchstow.

Details of an invitation received from Plym Yacht Club for CCC members to attend a seminar regarding The RYA Safe Trx App on 29th January had been circulated to members– to date he had received replies from three members wishing to attend.

Alan explained to the meeting that progress had been made regarding a planned visit to the Dockyard – 23 members had expressed interest in the visit which would take place during the last week of February and he was awaiting details from those members to enable him to complete the Dockyard visitors’ forms.

Val informed the meeting that the invitation sent to members to attend the FOGOF talk, which will be held at the Boringdon on 6th February, had received a good response with over 20 members intending to attend. Because the date coincides with a Thursday social evening Margaret said that she would contact members to see who wished to eat on the evening.

Val thanked Alan for his report.

7 Honorary Treasurer’s report Roger reported that he had produced for the meeting: his Treasurer’s report as at 16th January 2020, an Income and Expenditure Report which gave details of income and expenditure to date and a draft budget for 2020 – 2021.

Copies of these documents had been circulated by email prior to the meeting. He explained that the amount in the Deposit account stood at £1708.80

The Income and Expenditure account, which is used for ongoing transactions showed a surplus of £329.00 due to a large income from membership fees.

The draft budget for 2020-2021 was discussed and it was agreed that at the AGM it would be proposed that the membership fee for the coming year should remain at £15.

Val thanked Roger for his report

8 Membership Secretary’s report Pip had sent his apologies for not being able to attend the meeting- he had sent a report which Val read to the meeting and in which he stated that the membership for the year had finished up at 89.

He confirmed that he was willing to stand as Membership Secretary for the coming year and had enjoyed Alan’s two winter walks.

Val thanked Pip for his report

9 Social Secretary’s Report Lynne had sent her apologies for not being able to attend the meeting.

Val read aloud Lynne’s report in which she referred to her agenda for the next few weeks:

She would be sending to members an email about the AGM with a menu (which was agreed on at the last Committee meeting), collecting names and monies and negotiating with Pym Yacht Club

Upon receipt of dates for future social events she would be contacting venues and making the necessary arrangements. In view of the success of the last Prize Giving Party she assumed that we would be holding it again at the Bridge but in future she would make a table plan.

Since the last meeting she had contacted Britany Ferries regarding short trips for foot passengers to Roscoff and she gave an example of a trip leaving Plymouth on a Friday am and returning Sunday pm, which, with bed and breakfast, would cost £120/£130; she thought this was reasonable but for her to proceed any further in the matter she would need dates and numbers of those interested.

Lynne confirmed that she was willing to stand again as Social Secretary.

A discussion followed regarding the possible Roscoff trip and a provisional date of 25th / 27th September was agreed on to allow Lynne to progress with sounding out numbers and availability.

Val thanked Lynne for her report.

10 Webmaster’s Report Andrew reported that the website was running ok and that he was still carrying out some updating.

Val thanked Andrew for his report.

11 Honorary Life Membership Val pointed out that the award of Honorary Life Membership given to Roger and Celia at   the recent Prize Giving Party needed to be formally ratified by the Committee.

It was proposed by Margaret and seconded by Sandra that in view of the meritorious service which Roger and Celia had given to the Club they should be awarded Honorary Life Membership. All present were in agreement.

Decision: Roger and Celia to be awarded Honorary Life Membership.

12 Update of future events RYA Safe Trx App talk at Plym Yacht Club: 29/01/20 FOGOF cruise talk at The Borringdon Arms: 06/02/20 Annual General Meeting at Plym Yacht Club: 28/03.20 Committee meeting: 23/04/20 Committee meeting: 08/10.20 Prize Giving Party/Laying Up Supper: 17/10/20

13 Any other business There being no other business the meeting was closed at 20:20.

Colin Ayres Honorary Secretary