Agendas & Minutes, 2017

5th October, 2017

Annual General Meeting minutes

Held at The Boringdon Arms, Plymouth on Thursday 5th October, 2017

Present:

Nigel Vaughan Smith: Commodore Valerie Ayres: Vice commodore Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary Roger Coleman: Honorary Treasurer Pip Shell: Membership Secretary Lynne Shell: Social Secretary Alan Casey: Club Webmaster Kevin Whitmill: Committee Member Bev Whitmill: Committee Member Celia Coleman: Committee Member Margaret Eves: Committee Member

Item 1. Apologies for Absence None

Item 2. Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held on 27th April 2017 The Minutes of the Officers and Committee Members Meeting held on 27th April 2017 were passed as a true record.   Proposed by Alan Eves and seconded by Margaret Eves.

Item 3. Matters arising from the Previous Minutes 3.1. Rear Commodore Sail to meet with Steve Kitchen, regarding combining CCC and PYH cruises. (Item 3.1 of the previous minutes refers).

Rear Commodore Sail reported that he had had no contact with Steve Kitchen over the summer.

Item closed

3.2. Honorary Secretary to inform the PPSA that Nigel will be the Club’s second point of contact. (Item 5 of the previous minutes refers).

Honorary Secretary confirmed that this had been done.

Item closed.

3.3. Nigel to issue members, details of the photographic competition for the 2017 season. (Item 6 of the previous minutes refers).

Nigel confirmed that this had been done.

Item closed.

3.4. Nigel to spend up to £150 on new club burgees (Item 8 of the previous minutes refers).

Nigel confirmed that this had been done .

Item closed.

3.5. Lynne to visit Elfordleigh House to check on availability and suitability for the 2018 Prize Giving Party, and also to check on the availability of The Bridge for the 2017 Laying Up Supper. (Item 10 of the previous minutes refers).

Lynne informed the Committee that she had visited Elfordleigh House, and having found it suitable for the party had paid a £200 deposit to secure the venue. She also reported that she had booked The Bridge for the Fitting Out Supper.

Item closed.

Item 4. General Date Protection Rules Nigel referred the Committee to the recent RYA Legal Update which had been circulated with the agenda; it gave a simple overview of the new General Data Protection Regulations which will come into force on 25th May 2018. He pointed out that the Club would eventually have to put measures in place to ensure compliance with the new regulations. A brief discussion took place regarding what personal data the Club presently holds on the membership, how long it is held, how accessible it is and what information should be held in the future. Nigel pointed out that sometime in the near future all existing and new members will need to confirm their agreement to the Club holding some information about them; this would mean revising the wording of the Membership Application forms and a written agreement by existing members. Pip stated that, as Membership Secretary, he was at present responsible for collating most of the information which the Club held about members, and he therefore volunteered to look into what the Club needed to do to comply with the new regulations. He would report on the matter at the next Committee meeting.

Action: Pip to investigate the new General Data Protection Regulations and report to the Committee at the next meeting.

Item 5. Life membership and eligibility On introducing the item, Nigel pointed out that clarity was required over who could be eligible for Honorary Life Membership and the achievement necessary for a person to be nominated for honorary life membership.  It was pointed out that in accordance with the Constitution only paid up members were eligible for nomination for honorary life membership. It was agreed by the Committee that to be nominated for honorary life membership a member must have given particular service to the Club but have retired from sailing or moved away.

Item closed.

Item 6. Trophies and prizes Nigel reported that this year’s budget included £135 for trophies, tumblers and engraving. His estimate for the purchase of 12 tumblers, and the engraving of the tumblers and trophies was £268.  He asked for the Committee’s views on whether or not the Club should continue with awarding 2 engraved tumblers to the winners of each trophy or award one engraved tumbler with each trophy; the Committee agreed unanimously that 2 tumblers should be awarded with each trophy and that Nigel should be given £268 for the purchase and engraving of the tumblers and the engraving of the trophies.

Decision: Nigel to be given up to £268 for the purchase of 12 tumblers and the engraving of the tumblers and trophies.

Item 7. Rear Commodore Sail’s Report Alan reported that poor forecast and unseasonable low temperatures had forced the cancellation of cruises 1 – 4. Still unsettled but improving weather at the end of May had seen Cruise 5, which was originally planned as a channel crossing, rearranged as a quick but enjoyable dash to Falmouth and back involving overnight stops at Fowey and Mylor. Cruise 6 in mid June had gone ahead as planned and saw nine Club boats and one Hooe Point Sailing Club boat enjoy a great weekend in Salcombe. Cruise 7 at the beginning of July involved four Club boats making a trip up the Tamar and Lynher rivers. At mid day of day one, the crews of Sundance, Sea Walker and Kalimero moored up on moorings at Cargreen Sailing Club and transferred onto Pearl Fisher for a visit and lunch stop at Cothele Quay. After returning to their boats and spending the night at Cargreen the fleet proceeded on day two to Dandy Hole and three of the boats went on to St Germans Quay. Cruise 8 had been planned as a long  trip to the Isles of Scilly and although foreshortened by the weather it was successfully completed by Saraband and Isotope. Other Club boats enjoyed a short three day cruise to Fowey. Cruise 9 to Fowey regatta week saw six boats taking part, with Tranquility going on and returning from Falmouth. Cruises 10 and 11 were cancelled due to poor weather forecasts. 27 individual Club boats had signed up for cruises over the season and in all 85 entries for the seasons cruises had been received. 5 cruise reports had been received to date.

Nigel thanked Alan for his work over the season and questioned whether interest in the cruises had dropped off. Alan reported that interest had been as high as it was in the previous season but weather at the beginning and end of the season had badly affected the cruises and he saw no reason for not continuing the cruising programme next season.

Item 8. Honorary Treasurer’s Report Roger reported that prior to the meeting he had e mailed to the Committee Members a copy of the Income and Expenditure Account for this financial year up to 30.09.17 and a copy of the Treasurer’s report dated 30.09.17 (both of which are attached to these minutes). There were no questions from the Committee regarding the reports.

Item 9. Membership Secretary’s Report Pip distributed an up to date CCC membership list and reported that the membership stood at 82. He asked that care should be taken when handing out membership application forms, to ensure that the up to date forms are issued which showed the current joining fee and annual subscription rate.

Item 10. Social Secretary’s Report Lynne reported that The Bridge had been booked for the Laying Up Supper  to be held on 25th November and that she had been given information by the Bridge so that the Committee could choose a menu – The Bridge would then give us a price for the meal. The choice of dishes was then discussed and an agreement reached over the menu.

She reiterated that Elfordleigh House had been booked for the Prize Giving Party; the cost of the 3 course meal and coffee would be £29 per person and that double rooms would be available from £105. She stated that she would be sending out details of the Prize Giving Party early in December and confirmed that she and Margaret would be running a raffle on the night. It was agreed to give Lynne £25 to spend on flowers for table arrangements at Elfordleigh.

The subject of the 2018 Fitting Out Supper was raised by Nigel and it was agreed that Lynne should arrange for the event to be held at The Bridge on 21st April 2018.

Item 11. Webmaster’s Report Alan reported that the website was running problem free and when questioned he responded that he had no feed back on how successful the “sales and wanted “ section of the website was viewed by members.

Item 12. Update Diary of Future Events Thursday, November 2nd 2017: Maritime Law presentation at Plym Yacht Club Saturday, November 25th 2017: Laying Up Supper Thursday, January 11th 2018: Committee Meeting Saturday, January 27th 2018: Prize Giving Party Saturday, March 25th 2018: AGM Saturday, April 24th 2018: Fitting Out Supper

Item 13. Any other business Alan Eves reported that he had been approached by the Royal Corinthian Yacht Club over the possibility of their members taking part in CCC cruises, and he asked what the Committee thought about the suggestion. After deliberation the decision was reached that due to the considerable cost of CCC’s insurance, which was paid for through members’ subscriptions, this would not be possible, the Club, however, welcomed new members and felt that the cost of membership was still very reasonable.

Nigel raised the matter of whether anyone on the Committee would like to take on the role of Commodore next year because he felt that change might be good for the Club. The Committee were unanimous in their desire for him to continue.

There being no other business the meeting was closed at 20:45.

Colin Ayres Honorary Secretary

——————–

27th April, 2017

Committee Meeting minutes

Held at The Boringdon Arms, Plymouth on Thursday 17th April, 2017

Present:

Nigel Vaughan Smith: Commodore Valerie Ayres: Vice commodore Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary Roger Coleman: Honorary Treasurer Pip Shell: Membership Secretary Lynne Shell: Social Secretary Alan Casey: Club Webmaster Celia Coleman: Committee Member Margaret Eves: Committee Member

The Commodore opened the meeting by welcoming everyone to the first meeting of the newly elected Committee. He thanked everyone for standing again and expressed the hope that the Committee would continue to function as well as it had in the past.

Item 1. Apologies for Absence Bev Whitmill: Committee Member Kevin Whitmill: Committee Member

Item 2. Approval of the Minutes of the Previous Meeting held on 12th January 2017 The Minutes of the Officers and Committee Members Meeting held on 12th January 2017 were passed as a true record.   Proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by Celia Coleman.

Item 3. Matters arising from the Previous Minutes 3.1. Rear Commodore Sail to meet with Steve Kitchen, (Plymouth Yacht Haven marina manager), regarding combining CCC and PYH cruises. (Item 4 of the previous minutes refers).

Alan confirmed that he had met with Steve Kitchen and had asked him if PYH were willing to contribute towards the cost of CCC insurance by paying for one years subscription to CCC for new PYH berth holders; he had not received a positive response but had agreed with Steve that they would meet again for further discussion.

Action:  Alan to hold further meetings with Steve Kitchen over the 2017 sailing season.

3.2. Honorary Secretary to circulate to Members, information regarding the Chichester 50th Anniversary Celebrations. (Item 5 of the previous minutes and item 15 of the 2017 AGM minutes refers).

Honorary Secretary confirmed that this had been done. Item closed.

3.3. Honorary Secretary to issue AGM agenda and nomination paperwork to Members. (Item 6 of the previous minutes refers).

Honorary Secretary confirmed that this had been done. Item closed.

3.4. Celia to contact Yvonne Traynor to enquire if she would act as the examiner of the Club’s accounts for the 2018- 2019 financial year. (Item 6 of the previous minutes refers).

Celia confirmed that this had been.  Item closed.

3.5. Honorary Secretary to issue a copy of the CCC 2017 cruising Programme to the PPSA. (Item 7 of the previous minutes refers).

Honorary Secretary confirmed that this had been done. Item closed.

3.6. Rear Commodore Sail to look into arranging a Marine Law evening in conjunction with Plym Yacht Club. (Item of AOB of 2017 AGM minutes refers).

Alan confirmed that the evening presentation had been arranged for Thursday 2nd November 2017 and that the venue would be Plym Yacht Club.  Item closed.

Item 4. Plymouth Yacht Haven Active Marina Alan reiterated that he had met with Steve Kitchen (PYA marina manager) since the last Committee meeting to discuss  the matter of joint CCC and PYH cruises. No agreement had been reached over PYH contributing towards the cost of CCC insurance, but it had been agreed to meet again informally during the coming season. Following an introduction, by Steve, to Mr Geoff Farmilee, a retired maritime lawyer, an evening presentation on marine law had been arranged, as reported under item 3.6 of these minutes. Nigel reported that following an offer from PYH, the Club had taken part in the PYH Marina open day on14th April; a table had been set up displaying the CCC large banner and had attracted several interested visitors during the day.

Item closed.

Item 5. PPSA Alan reported that he had not been informed of any further developments in the  redevelopment of the Plymouth City waterfront project. The Honorary Secretary reported that he was listed as the first contact for the PPSA  but they now required a second contact from all affiliated clubs. It was agreed that Nigel would become the second contact.

Action: Honorary Secretary to inform PPSA that Nigel will be the Club’s second contact.

Item 6. 2017 Photographic Competition Nigel informed the Committee that he was prepared to run the photographic competition for the coming season and suggested that the format should be the same as last years. The Committee was in agreement.

Action: Nigel to issue to members, the details of the photographic competition for the coming season.

Item 7. Rear Commodore Sail’s Report Alan had already informed the Committee of the outcome of his meeting with the Plymouth Yacht Haven management, as reported under item 4 of these minutes. He reported that Cruise 1, which had been planned for 15th/ 16th April, had been cancelled because of concerns over very low temperatures and the effects of wind chill on participants. Sailing instructions for Cruises 2 and 3 had been issued, and Alan reported that, together with Nigel, he would shortly be planning the cruises to the Scilly Isles and Guernsey so that details could be issued to Club members.

Item 8. Honorary Treasurer’s Report Roger reported that prior to the meeting he had e mailed to the Committee Members a copy of the Income and Expenditure Account for this financial year up to 30.04.17.  He pointed out that the budget forecast for the coming year had been based on a membership of 55; the actual paid up membership to date was 65, and this had generated extra income of £150. No allowance had been made in the budget for the purchase of new burgees and the present stock was low. Roger pointed out that the burgees were self financing and it was agreed that Nigel should be allowed to spend up to £150 for the purchase of 10 club burgees. Roger concluded his report by pointing out that to date, this year’s account was showing a healthy surplus.

Action: Nigel to spend up to £150 on Club burgees.

Item 9. Membership Secretary’s Report Pip reported that 5 new members had joined the Club this year making a total membership of 74 including life members.

Item 10. Social Secretary’s Report Lynne reported that 13 members had signed up for the Fitting Out supper which would be held at the Bridge on 6.05.17, and following the meeting she would be paying the deposit. Lynne then passed around brochures from various local hotels which she suggested could be considered for next year’s Prize Giving Party. After some discussion it was agreed that she should further research the Elfordleigh Hotel as this was the most favoured venue, and the date agreed for the event was 27.01.18. Failing the Elfordleigh the order of preference for a venue was: St Elizabeth, Kitley House. The Laying Up Supper for this season was discussed and a date of 25.11.17 was agreed for the event. Because The Bridge at Yacht Haven had proved popular in the past Lynne was asked to check on their availability.

Action: Lynne to visit the Elfordleigh Hotel to check on availability and suitability for the 2018 Prize Giving Party, and also to check on the availability of The Bridge for the 2017 Laying Up Supper.

Item 11. Webmaster’s Report Alan reported that the website was running problem free. He suggested that the excellent reports, which were being provided by Graham Gibbs, of his cruise to Scotland, could be put on the Club Website and as they come in Val could e mail members and direct them to the relevant link. The Committee were in agreement and Alan was asked to proceed.

Item 12. Update Diary of Future Events Saturday, May 6th 2017: Fitting Out Supper Thursday, October 12th 2017: Committee Meeting Saturday, November 25th 2017: Laying Up Supper Thursday, January 11th 2018: Committee Meeting Saturday, January 27th 2018: Prize Giving Party Saturday, March 25th 2018: AGM

Item 13. Any other business Roger stated that he would issue a list of members giving details of their e mail address, telephone numbers, boat details and locations.

There being no other business the meeting was closed at 20:30.

Colin Ayres Honorary Secretary

——————–

1st April, 2017

Annual General Meeting minutes

Held at The Mountbatten Centre, Plymouth @ 18:00 on Saturday 1st April, 2017

Present:

Nigel Vaughan Smith: Commodore Valerie Ayres: Vice commodore Alan Eves: Rear Commodore Sail Colin Ayres: Honorary Secretary Roger Coleman: Honorary Treasurer Pip Shell: Membership Secretary Lynne Shell: Social Secretary Alan Casey: Club Webmaster Kevin Whitmill: Committee Member Bev Whitmill: Committee Member Celia Coleman: Committee Member Margaret Eves: Committee Member

Together with 10 other voting members.

The Honorary Secretary confirmed that the attendance of 22 voting members established the quorum necessary for business to be conducted.

Item 1: Apologies for Absence Apologies for absence had been received from the following members: Bill Hill Angela Hill Graham Norris Glenda O’Connor Paddy O’Connor Mark Prue Michelle Prue Graham Gibbs Russell Burman Vivienne Burman The Commodore welcomed everyone to the meeting and on behalf of the Club expressed our best wishes to Bill Hill who was unable to attend due to illness.

Item 2: Approval of the Minutes of the Previous AGM held on Saturday, 19th March 2016 These Minutes were taken as read, as they had been circulated to members together with the calling notice for the 2017 AGM. Ian Foster proposed that they be approved as a true record; this was seconded by Val Ayres. The proposal was carried unanimously.

Decision: The Minutes of the AGM held on 19th March 2016 were approved as a true record of that meeting.

Item 3: Matters Arising from the Previous AGM Minutes 3.1 The Honorary Treasurer to arrange insurance for the Club and its representatives against third party liability for organised Club activities and events.

Roger reported that insurance had been arranged. Action closed.

3.2 The Club Webmaster to set up a buying and selling section on the Club website.

Alan reported that the buying and selling section had been incorporated into the Club website. Action closed. Item 4: Commodore’s Report.

Nigel reported that 2016 had not been a particularly good sailing season. However, in common with previous years, it had been another successful year for the Club overall and he listed the following achievements: Those Club cruises which went ahead had been well supported and fully enjoyed by the participants; A number of members had made some very valiant long distance individual cruises; The Club had held some excellent social functions, together with several impromptu activities; The monthly social gatherings continued to be well supported and had been enhanced by some excellent presentations from Mount Batten Boat House and Ocean Safety; The annual Photographic Competition had produced some great photographs and had been keenly contested; The Winter Walks programme had also been well supported and had helped maintain the winter level of fitness; The Club membership had continued to grow steadily.

He went on to say that the Club was its members, and success would always be determined by the level of member participation. He thanked all members for their involvement across the whole spectrum of Club activities, which he stated, had enabled the Club to continue to thrive and grow. Nigel thanked the other Officers and Club Committee Members for their efforts and contributions over the last year, and for the support they had given him as Commodore. He ended his report by wishing everyone “fair weather and favourable tides for the coming season”.

Item 5: Rear Commodore Sail’s Report The Rear Commodore Sails report had been circulated to members prior to the meeting and a copy is attached to these minutes. Alan reported that despite the weather the 2016 season had been a successful sailing season for the Club. The season had started on 16th April and was planned to consist of 12 cruises and 3 additional events. Of the planned cruises: 5 had been cancelled due to unfavourable weather; 3 were shortened and 4 cruises were fully completed. In total there were 70 entries for the cruises, including 4 from Hooe Point Sailing Club, and by the end of the season the cruises which went ahead had attracted 50 boats. The pre-cruise BBQs had been poorly attended, partly due to the weather. Over the past winter, the walks which he had arranged as part of the CCC Winter Walks programme, had involve 25 plus members and friends visiting Parke and Slapton Ley. Alan ended his report by thanking the all the Club members for their support over the past year.

Nigel thanked Alan for his report and the splendid manner in which he had carried out his duties over the last year.

Item 6: Membership Secretary’s Report The Membership Secretary’s report had been circulated to members with the AGM reminder but Pip pointed out that there were a few revisions to the figures contained in the report. He stated that last year’s membership had reached 76, and this year’s membership currently stood at 67 including 5 life members. He had been informed of 3 members not intending to renew their membership but the Club had recently gained 3 new members and he anticipated there being a few late payers. He told the meeting that the increase in the membership fee from £10 to £15 seemed to have had no adverse effect on numbers. Pip stated that he was happy to continue in his role as Membership Secretary and thanked the members for their support; he hoped that the weather would be kind to us this year and he looked forward to seeing more of the Club’s membership cruising together.

Nigel thanked Pip for his report and for the efficiency with which he had fulfilled his role over the last year.

Item 7: Social Secretary’s Report The Social Secretary’s read aloud her report, a copy of which was circulated with the AGM reminder and is also attached to these minutes.

Lynne pointed out that, with regards to the social events, the past year had been a very successful one for the Club. She referred to the success of the Laying Up Supper at the Bridge and the Prize Giving Party at Kitley House and reminded members of the forthcoming Fitting Out Supper at the Bridge. She invited those members who do not normally attend to come along to future events and also she stated she would be pleased to hear from members regarding new venues or events. Nigel thanked Lynne for her report and for the manner in which she had so successfully organised the Social events over the past year and he reminded members about the forthcoming Fitting Out Supper.

Item 8: Webmaster’s report Alan read aloud his report, a copy of which is attached to these minutes, and he stressed what good value and support the Club gets from TG Media.

Nigel thanked Alan for his report and the way in which he had run the website over the last year and reiterated Alan’s remark regarding the value to the Club, of the help received from Tim Greenwood (TG Media).

Item 9: Presentation of Accounts by the Honorary Treasurer Roger stated that a copy of the Honorary Treasurer’s Report together with the signed off Income and Expenditure Account for the year ending 28th February 2017, and notes to the Income and Expenditure account had been circulated to all Members, by email, prior to the meeting.

Roger confirmed that the accounts had been examined by the Club Accounts Examiner, Yvonne Traynor, and found to be correct.

He gave a brief decription of the income and expenditure account which showed a loss of £91.75 due to the cost of Club insurance – the loss had been less than previously forecast due to an unforeseen increase in membership numbers.

He read to the meeting a letter from the RNLI thanking the Club for the donation of £150.

He pointed out that the membership fees for the financial year 2017- 2018 had been agreed at last years AGM and that he had prepared a draft budget for 2018-2019, a copy of which had also been circulated to members prior to the AGM.

Nigel thanked Roger for his report and all the work he had done in the past year.

There were no questions about the accounts or the Draft Budget from members present.

It was proposed by Margaret Eves and seconded by Kevin Whitmill that the Signed Off Income and Expenditure Account For The Year Ending 28th February 2017 should be accepted as a true record, and members were unanimous in support of the proposal.

It was proposed by Val Ayres and seconded by Pip Shell that the Draft Budget for 2018- 2019 be approved, and members were unanimous in their support of the proposal.

Decision: The Examined Accounts, a copy of which is attached to these minutes, were accepted as a true and accurate record of the Club’s finances for the Financial Year ending 28th February 2017.

Decision: The Draft Budget for 2018 -2019, a copy of which is attached to these minutes, was approved.

Item 10: Approval of Amendment 1 to Revision 2 to the Club Constitution Nigel pointed out to the meeting that a copy of the draft amendment had been circulated with the AGM Calling Notice together with the rationale behind the changes. He referred to the proposed changes regarding the election of Life Members and opened the subject to general discussion. The meeting was in agreement with the proposed amendment that Life Members would in future be appointed by the Committee. The subject of whether Life Members should or should not have a vote was discussed and the meeting felt that Life Members should have a vote; this was contrary to the Club Constitution and the wording of the proposed amendment.

It was proposed by Mike Sims and seconded by Bev Whitmill that the Amendment 1 to Revision 2 to the Club Constitution should read: 2.6 Voting Members who have given particular service to the Club may be appointed as Honorary Life Members by the Committee. Honorary Life Members shall not pay an annual subscription, but in all other respects will have the same rights and privileges as Voting Members.

Members were unanimous in support of the proposal.

Decision: Paragraph 2.6 of Revision 2 to the Club Constitution is to read: Voting Members who have given particular service to the Club may be appointed as Honorary Life Members by the Committee. Honorary Life Members shall not pay an annual subscription, but in all other respects will have the same rights and privileges as Voting Members.

Item 11: Election of Club Officers Nigel referred members to the sheet, which had recently been circulated with the AGM reminder; it concerned the Election of Club Officers and listed the nominations for the 5 positions as follows: Commodore Nigel Vaughan-Smith Vice Commodore Val Ayres Rear Commodore Sail Alan Eves Honorary Secretary Colin Ayres Honorary Treasurer Roger Coleman.

It was proposed by Ian Foster and seconded by Kevin Whitmill that these 5 nominees should be elected to serve in the posts given for the coming year. There was unanimous agreement to the proposition.

Decision: The Club Officers for the 2017 – 2018 season were elected as listed above.

Item 12: Election of Club Committee Members Nigel referred the members to a further sheet which had been sent out with the AGM reminder; this one listed nominations received for Committee Member positions as follows: Membership Secretary Pip Shell Club Webmaster Alan Casey Social Secretary Lynne Shell Committee Members: Bev Whitmill, Kev Whitmill, Margaret Eves, Celia Coleman. It was proposed by Val Ayres and seconded by Ian Foster that the above Members should be elected to serve in the post as listed for the coming year. The proposal was carried unanimously.

Decision: The Club Committee Members for the 2017-2018 Season were elected as listed above.

Item 13: Appointment of the Club’s Accounts Examiner Nigel expressed the Club’s gratitude to Yvonne Traynor for her efforts over the past few years and particularly for examining the 2016-2017 Club Accounts. Celia told the meeting the Yvonne had offered to continue for another year in the role of Examiner of the Club Accounts.

Margaret Eaves proposed that Yvonne Traynor should be appointed as the Club’s Accounts Examiner for the 2017-2018 financial year; this was seconded by Mike Sims and agreed unanimously.

Decision: Yvonne Traynor was appointed as the Club’s Accounts Examiner for the 2017-2018 financial year.

Item 14: Membership Fees for the Financial Year 2018-2019 Nigel introduced the item by referring the members to the Draft Budget previously approved under item 9 of this AGM. The income for that Draft Budget was calculated on a membership size similar to our present membership and an annual fee of £15 per member.

It was proposed by Celia Coleman and seconded by Peter Fellows that the rate for the annual subscription for the financial year 2018 – 2019 should be £15 and there was unanimous agreement by members. Decision: The membership fee for the year 2018- 2019 is to be £15.

Item 16: Any Other Business Alan Eves reported that Steve Kitchen of Plymouth Yacht Haven had offered to facilitate a talk to the Club by a Maritime Law expert. This could be the subject of a Thursday night social meeting and possibly in conjunction with Plym Yacht Club. The meeting was generally in favour of taking up the offer and Alan was asked to liaise with the parties concerned.

Action: Alan to try to arrange a joint Maritime Law evening with Plym Yacht Club.

Roger Coleman presented to the meeting a copy of a circular which had been issued by the Royal Western Yacht Club inviting local sailors to join in the Chichester 50th Anniversary Celebrations. The date of 28.05.17 would clash with a CCC Cruise but it was agreed that the Honorary Secretary would copy in all CCC members by e mail.

Action: Colin Ayres to e mail to members, details of the Chichester 50th Aniversary Celebrations.

The Club had also been approached about entering the annual Eddystone Challenge on behalf of St Lukes Hospice but it was pointed out that again the date clashed with one of our cruises.

Pip Shell reminded members of the Mount Batten Watersports Boat Jumble due to take place on 8.04.17 and the Plymouth Yacht Haven Open Day on Good Friday.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 18:42

Following the meeting Nigel presented the Cattewater Trophy to Wendy and Graham Davis before we all retired for another pleasant meal arranged by Lynne, our Social Secretary.

Colin Ayres Honorary Secretary